Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy Sunday!

Wow - I've had a lazy blogging week, just realized I haven't posted since Tuesday...probably because up until yesterday, there wasn't much to post.

The final week of my 30 day challenge is coming to an end today and of course, I chose yesterday to have "lose ten points because you don't want your CrossFit coaches to actually know what you ate" kind of day (ya, it was THAT bad)...but I will get to that...

Rewind to Tuesday...another week with a huge lack of variety...

Monday - Friday

Post Wod: SFH Recovery
Breakfast: Breakfast Fritatta
Snack: SFH and an apple
Lunch: Salad with curry chicken
Snack: Strawberries and almonds

Dinner varied anywhere from curry chicken, spaghetti squash with meat sauce and "crack salad"

It was a crazy week full of 3 field hockey games, a lot of rain, and working like a crazy person!

On to the weekend...

I woke up WAY earlier than necessary on Saturday morning, must have been because I was SO excited to run Renegade Playground Challenge with team Don't act like you're not impressed...cool t-shirts, a hot pink tutu and MUD!?

NOT muddy enough!!

What more could a girl ask for...well, I could think of a few things:

  • water stations with people working them and oh, I don't know...WATER
  • Volunteers on the course incase someone got injured
  • photographers along the course
  • obstacles that were actually set up
  • FREE water at the end of the race ($3 for water post race, really?!)
  • free food (I mean, a banana, some yogurt, I don't know)
  • If you're gonna make us pay, how about some more options other than hot dogs and fried chicken tenders?!
Let's just say I was hungry and not waiting to get back to Manchester to eat lunch...I'll just leave it at that. At least I started my morning right with some surprisingly yummy (although not pretty) paleo pancakes. I followed this recipe, but I didn't have the ingredients for the caramel sauce so I left that out...my pancakes didn't quite look like hers...


Off to the grocery store now to get the ingredients for Meatball Soup and Oriental Chicken Bowls. Hoping for these to be tasty so I can add a little more variety this week!

First Sunday of #SoberOctober....hmmm football without a glass of red, let's see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment