Tuesday, October 2, 2012

#SoberOctober

So that's actually a real thing? I thought I made it up....according to Janine I am not original in my thought here!

NONE of this in October!!
With the 30 day Paleo Challenge coming to an end October 9th (I can't believe it has been THIRTY DAYS!!!), I wanted another challenge for myself for the month of October. I thought, hmmm what can I do to kick things up a notch?? Hmmmm....AHHH, yes, no wine, beer, tequila, ALCOHOL for a month! Ok - challenge accepted. The only problem I might have is on October 21st when I run the Hallo Wiener Hustle where my teammates literally can't run until I've eaten a hotdog and chugged a beer! Oh boy...what was I thinking when I signed up for this one!? So short of that one beer, that's my new personal challenge #soberoctober

Moving on...who else like coconut oil in their coffee? Let's be honest, the site of this freaked me out at first...
Don't be fooled by the oil slick, it is amazing
...but it was love at first sip! Not only does it taste good great, there are some health benefits to it as well. A friend today me that Giuliana Rancic put it in her coffee for weight loss, so that's where the thought started. More than just weight loss, coconut oil is a healthy fat, it keeps you fuller longer (I am literally making myself eat a snack between 10-11, just to keep my metabolism gong), it keeps your insides moving (if you know what I mean...), my lips are crazy soft, and it is an added energy boost. All around a win-win right there! Don't believe me? Try it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment