Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was pretty wonderful...I ate well, I drank well, I shopped well, I made some extra cash, I spent time with (almost) all of my favorite people, the Pats won and the Jets lost!!

Friday was a little stressful, with a major deadline at work coming to a close - but I didn't let the stress get to me and cause me to make bad choices as far as eating and drinking went. In the past, I probably would have ordered a pizza and a polished off  a 6 pack of Pumpkin Head. This time, I stayed Paleo ALL day and cooked an amazing dinner with Dan! I need to use the phrase "cooked with" loosely, because Dan did most of the work - I just operated the Magic Bullet to puree up our avocado and spinach and stuck the spaghetti squash in the microwave (and it didn't EXPLODE!!)

Friday Menu:

Breakfast - 2 eggs with 1 apple chicken sausagbe
Snack - Strawberries and almonds
Lunch - Cinnamon Apple Chicken
Snack - Almond butter and baby carrots
Dinner - Creamy Avocado Spinach Chicken We have made this meal before and LOVED it so much that we just couldn't resist making it again. I could eat this every day if someone would make it for me!! YUMMY!! Of course we accompanied this with some delicious red wine.

Looks like baby poop, tastes AMAZING


Desset - Paleo cookies, courtesy of  Every Day Paleo I've got to say...for a cookie with no sugar or chocolate in it, these were pretty tastey!!

Cookies!!!
Saturday was a little crazy, but again, I managed to stay right on track with what I needed to. Due to something out of my control, I didn't make it to my 8am CrossFit class - but was fortunately able to sneak in a quick run before I had to move on with my day.

Before heading out to babysit (yes, I am almost 30 and I still babysit!!! But I love these kids, so I just can't say no when their mom asks!!)  I decided to make another recipe I found on Every Day Paleo. This was one of the best ideas I have had yet...this recipe was pretty amazing! There are a few slight changes I will make next time I make it (which will be very soon) but this is the perfect make-ahead meal for my crazy life!!

Breakfast of champions!

Babysitting went well - I wasn't tempted to eat the meal I prepared for the kiddos...
Pork, corn, and cheesy noodles for the kiddos....NOT paleo!!
...or any of the snacks they had in the house. Things got a little tough at bedtime when the boys didn't want to brush their teeth - thank goodness I have a friend with a deep, scary voice who called right at bedtime and in turn became the "Phone Monster" and made my life a lot easier! Thank goodness!!

Aiden listening to the "Phone Monster"
Southwestern Frittata - Next time, instead of grating the sweet potato, I am going to dice and I will probably double the salsa! Besides that, this was so good!!

Saturday Menu:

Breakfast - Southwest Frittata
Snack - apple
Lunch - Southwest Frittata (yes, it was THAT good!)
Snack - Strawberries
Dinner - Friday night leftovers, grape tomoatoes, Paleo Cookie

It's like a Lunchable for grownups, only BETTER

Sunday Funday!

I decided to take the money I earned babysitting Saturday night and do a little shopping with my girl Melissa! Oh boy - I wanted to buy a few pairs of flats for work and came home with 3 pairs of heels, pants, a shirt, leggings, earrings and rings! OYE! Well, I worked hard for that money, so I can't be too mad!

Sunday Menu:

Breakfast - Southwest Frittata
Lunch - Grilled Chicken Salad, glass of red wine
Snack - Paleo Cookie
Dinner - Lasagna soup

Overall, a pretty damn good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment