Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 3

I learned one thing this morning...I have ZERO (and I mean ZERO) upper body strength! I always knew I had more lower body strength than upper body, but DAMN - today's WOD was pathetic!
I maxed out at 85 on my Push Jerk and took just under 9 minutes to complete "JT" - but my HSPUs were VERY modified, I used to green band for ring dips and I couldn't manage to do more than 3 regular push ups before I had to move to modified! UGH - I swear, if this had been my first CF workout ever, I might have never gone back! But - alas, I survived it and I will return again!

MmmmmMmmm Gooooood....
I live on a street with about 10 restaurants within a mile and at 6am, one of them was cooking up a mean breakfast...smelled like pancakes or french toast, something very "un" Paleo - it had my mouth watering and stomach growling!

6:45am
Breakfast - one of my favorite breakfasts from a local breakfast spot near here is this breakfast skillet, where they top home fries with eggs and gravy! mmmm I would eat that every day if I could!
This morning I made my own, Paleo version of this breakfast....

Left over sweet potatoes from last night with two eggs, over easy, on top! Perfect breakfast - it was no Chez Skillet, but it was delish!

9:45am
SUPER hungry right now! I honestly thought my amazing breakfast would hold me off a little longer, but no such luck. Snack time came a littel bit earlier than planned.
Today's snack: three slices of turkey rolled up and a cup of strawberries! Very delicious! Hopefully this hold me off until at least 1 o'clock - I forgot to bring my afternoon snack with me, so I want to push lunch back as far as possible!

I made it until 1...1:15 actually, before I got hungry! Lunch was standard, nothing special...salad with grilled chicken, evoo, and some balsamic vinegar! 

GOOD NEWS!!! No moody, cranky, emotional Sara today!! 



Woo hooooooo! Maybe instead of two WEEKS of feeling crummy, I will only have two DAYS! I hope that's the case, because Team TuTu Hot to Handle leaves tomorrow night for Reach the Beach NH and the last thing anyone needs is a cranky, moody Sara!

Nothing exciting to report for this afternoon...



3:00pm
Beef Jerky

5:00pm
Almonds and an apple

8:30pm
Final serving of my Curry Chicken



I had such late dinner because we had a field hockey game tonight - both JV and Varsity beat Concord! 

I am so happy that today was such a good day physically...minus the shitty WOD this morning! If this is what I have to look forward to, then this Paleo challenge will be easier than I thought!

I am nervous for Reach the Beach this weekend - as far as eating goes....there's going to be  a lot of pasta, bread, granola bars, and Gatorade going around! I need to remember my goals, remember the awful sight of my "before" pictures, and just continue to "do me", which has been my goal of late!

Not sure if any posts will be made here tomorrow - Saturday, but I will try my best! I will be trying my best to update on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as well! 

Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment