Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 7

Exhausted is an understatement....my goal was to sleep through breakfast and wake up just in time to watch the Pat's kick some Arizona ass lose to Arizona!

No such luck, so instead I made a trip to the grocery store to prepare myself for week 2 of my 30 day challenge! I was incredibly sore from Reach the Beach, so it took me a little while to get motivated.

Before the store, I NEEDED food - I am starving after the weekend of very little food and a lot of burned calories. Lucky for me, I have some leftover sweet potato from last week and two eggs in the fridge. I cooked those up with some tomato, onion and mushroom and VOILA! breakfast was served...thank god, because I thought I might chew my own arm off and was very tempted to hit up the Bagel Cafe for a very non Paleo breakfast!

My belly is finally full and I'm off to the grocery store! Before I left, I looked up some new Paleo recipes and I will be making a Gazpacho and some Taco Chicken to get me through the week. I am so super busy, that I need to prepare all my meals ahead of time or I end up eating something bad - like pizza or a burger. Preparation is KEY for me!!!

Here's what my Gazpacho looked like when I was done whipping it together

This was SO easy to make! All I did was dice up 4 big tomatoes, 2 green peppers, 2 medium cucumbers, 1 red onion, a few stalks of celery, juice of 3 lemons and 3 limes and some garlic - I added some curry because, well I just love curry! Mix it all together with 64oz of organic tomato juice and BAM! You've got yourself some Gazpacho! I haven't tried it yet - it needs to be in the fridge over night and is supposedly even better 2-3 days later! I can't wait to try it out!! It smells yummy!

Next up, Taco Chicken! I chose this one because I could throw it in the crock pot and forget about it for three hours...
I found a recipe and made some tweaks....this is two large chicken breasts, some chipotle chili powder, some curry, some fresh cilantro, an onion, juice of one lime, garlic and a jalapeño! That's it, leave it in there on high for 3-5 hours and shred away! This was very spicy but very yummy! Can't wait to throw it on a salad or make a lettuce wrap!

Last up, some "Apple Chicken" - I don't know what it's actually called or the real recipe, but I tried it at our Paleo Challege Information meeting, so I thought I would attempt to make it myself. I diced up two chicken breasts, sauteed them in some EVOO and onion, added a diced apple, some cinnamon and the juice of one lime. That's it!
Since I'm not going to be eating my favorite, overnight oats for awhile, I figured I would make good use of some of my mason jars and portion out my apple chicken! Let me tell you, one two of those jars were empty before I knew it! Lunch was served!

Depressing Pat's game officially over - time to shower and get ready to meet my long lost friend out for a drink. We used to work together and then he had to run off and be a grown up and get married and have kids! How dare he?! It has been over a year since I last saw him, but it felt like no time had passed at all! I love friendships like those, they truly are the best.
While he drank his beer and a hurricane...I stuck with my very Paleo and very delicious Patron and soda water with extra limes! I really wanted that beer though...

Got home and was once again STARVING, so ate that last serving of my Apple Chicken....so glad I made that today!

Back to CrossFit in the morning, so time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment