Monday, September 17, 2012

Week 2 - Day 8

Wasn't sure it was going to happen, but I got my ass up and to CrossFit this morning at 5am! Luckily for me, today's WOD wasn't a crazy strength workout and didn't involve lots of running or rowing. I survived it with no problems and felt pretty good when it was over. I really think that jumping right back into my normal routine was better than taking a day off to recoup!

I feel like a bottomless pit! It's like that game I played as a kid, Hungry Hungry Hippo...



...I just eat and eat and eat...my cranky mood swings are gone, but I'd almost take them back over this non stop hungry feeling! Mat (with one T) specifically told us that we would be most likely eating more (portion size-wise) while on Paleo, then we used to eat. This is because things like bread and pasta and rice fill up your stomach fast and just sit there, where as fruits and veggies are lighter and don't sit like a cement brick in your belly!

As soon as I got home from GSCF I made myself three scrambled eggs - I never eat 3 eggs...usually 1 egg, plus 2 whites or just 2 eggs, but like I said, I was STARVING! Holy shit!

Because I managed to be somewhat productive yesterday, getting my meals ready for the day was easy....

Today's Menu:

Snack: 1/4 c almonds and some strawberries
Lunch: 2 cups Gazpacho and some lettuce wraps with taco chicken
Snack: beef jerky and cucumber slices

I'm so happy I planned ahead because with my the small animal living in my gut today, all bets would have been off and I would have caved if I didn't have good food, ready to go!

For dinner I decided to try and recreate my accidental yummy dinner from the other night of ground beef with veggies and sweet potato. Today I used tomato, onion, garlic, mushroom, and celery for my veggies with the rest of the grass fed beef from A-Market and half a sweet potato. SO YUMMY! Even yummier when paired with a glass of red wine!

It is 7:41pm and I am actually contemplating going to be right now. I think I might be forced to stay up until at least 8pm for fear of being called "grandma"


2 comments:

  1. You are doing AWESOME with your blog Sara! Keep up the great work! Love all the photos...(even the hippo!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy! This challenge isn't easy, neither is keeping up a blog!

    ReplyDelete