Monday, September 10, 2012

Let's Do This!

Happy Monday!!

Let me start by saying, I'm not a writer - so hopefully this little blog of mine won't bore you too much! The idea behind this, is to share my experiences with changing over to the Paleo lifestyle - highs and lows, over the next 30 days.

I googled "caveman" (as the Paleo diet is often referred to as the "caveman diet") and found this image that I feel is rather perfect! I am still in the second to last phase, hoping by the end of these 30 days I'll be in the last phase!




For those who ask "Why Paleo?", I will share the brief overview my awesome CrossFit coaches from Granite State CrossFit  gave us at our Paleo information session...

"We started eating the Paleo way about 2.5 million years ago, and then we drastically changed our diets about 10,000 years go when we began cultivating grains and legumes. That's not much time for evolution to catch up to us, meaning our bodies are still most adept at eating the way we used to eat:  meat, vegetables, fruits, and some nuts and seed.

Switching from our evolutionary diet of animal products, veggies, and fruit to a diet full of grains and legumes is best portrayed in the movie "Super-Size Me." In the movie, director Morgan Spurlock goes from eating his normal diet to eating ONLY McDonald's food for 30 days. His health plummets - he gets fat and depressed, and he develops fatty liver and sexual dysfunction. Here are some medical issues that people h ave overcome or had major improvements in from following a Paleo diet: Cancer, Autoimmune Diseases, GI Diseases/Distress, Depression, Diabetes, Heart Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Infertility, Neurodegeneration, etc...

We've replaced wholesome, clean plant matter and animal foods with a high carbohydrate, low nutrient, high toxic chemical diet and we've gotten sick. We've shrunken in size, our bones are osteoporotic, we have more cancer, obesity, and diabetes, an alarming incidence of heart disease, and inflammation of all kinds, skin problems and the list goes on. We are sick and it's time to do something about it!!"

Still not sure what it is or why you should do it? Hopefully my daily posts about my experience during this challenge will help you understand it more and give you a greater insight to how it can change your life!

My goal is to post daily my WODs (what I did and how it felt), what I ate (like, dislikes, recipes, etc) and how I feel and what I notice changing. I know this is not going to be the easiest thing I've ever done, but I also don't think it will be the hardest either!

I hope at least one person gains some insight and knowledge from my endeavors and I look forward to hearing some feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment